Bahia Honda State Park has many SHORE ACTIVITIES for the land lover!
- CAMPING: Three camping areas within the park provide a total of 80 campsites for both tent and RV campers. Rest rooms and hot showers are easily accessible. Call (800) 326-3521 or go to Reserve America for reservations.
- LODGING: Three duplex cabins are furnished with accommodations for 6 people per cabin. Linens and utensils are provided. Call (800) 326-3521 or go to Reserve America for reservations.
- KAYAKING: Explore the waters in one of the stable sit-on-top Ocean Kayaks. Navigation is possible around the entire island and offers a quiet, peaceful tour.
- BICYCLING: On your own bike, cruise the park's more than 3-1/2 mile hard surface road that runs the length of Bahia Honda.
- FISHING: Tarpon fishing in the area rates among the best in the state. Charter boats and guides are generally available for hire during tarpon season. Saltwater fishing licenses are required in Florida. All fishing within the park must conform to the regulations concerning size, number, method of capture and season. Spearfishing, possession of spearfishing equipment and collection of tropical fish (by any method) is prohibited inside the park. Collection of live shells & Queen conchs are prohibited.
- SWIMMING: Bahia Honda has some of the best beaches in the Florida Keys, with swimming in the Atlantic Ocean and Florida Bay.
- GIFT SHOP: Located in the main concession building, our gift shop offers a wide range of merchandise, from souvenirs and snorkeling equipment to T-shirts and sportswear. Take home a lasting memory of your trip to Bahia Honda State Park and the fabulous Florida Keys.
- SNACK BAR: Located in the main concession building, the snack bar has a broad menu which includes pizza, deli sandwiches, salads, ice cream and more.
- PARK PROGRAMS: Throughout the year, programs are offered to park visitors on a wide range of natural and cultural history subjects. Guided tours are offered seasonally or upon request by individuals and groups.